Features & Benefits
- Two models, SPG600 (full rack width) and SPG300 (half rack width), which provide all of the conventional video and audio signals that you need in one unit, Analog Black-burst/Test Signal, SD-SDI Black-burst/Test Signal, AES/EBU Digital and Analog Audio Signal
- Stay GenLock™ – Unique, robust Genlock mode provides stable synchronization signals, for digital and traditional broadcast facilities
- All analog and SD-SDI signal output channels are configurable with selection of black-burst or test signal outputs
- SNMP and Web remote control makes it easy to integrate the units into any operational environment
- Choose between two form factors; Full rack width – SPG600, or Half rack width – SPG300
- Optional fine timing offset feature for analog video outputs – SPG600/SPG300 Option 01
- Up to 8 optional Analog Black-burst/Test Signal outputs with independent timing offset – SPG600 Option 02
- Up to 4 optional SD-SDI Black/Test Signal outputs with independent timing adjustment – SPG600 Option 03
- Broadcast master sync generator
- Unique and robust Genlock – Stay GenLock™
- Genlock to house master sync
The SPG600 and SPG300 Sync Pulse Generators provide synchronization and test signals for both traditional analog and mixed digital and analog facilities, in both NTSC/525 and PAL/625 environments. These products are ideal as a stable master sync signal, which is critical in digital broadcast environments. When the SPG600/SPG300 is configured for Stay GenLock mode, a momentary loss of synchronization at the genlock reference input will not cause a disturbance in the unit's test signal and black outputs. When the genlock signal is reapplied the SPG system will gradually reacquire lock, causing little disruption in the outputs of the device, and will not cause any noticeable glitches in the outputs of the SPG. The Genlock source can be NTSC/PAL Black Burst, NTSC/PAL Sync, or CW. When using CW lock, the Genlock timing can be adjusted on all the NTSC or PAL color frames.
Analog Black-burst/Test Signal Outputs
The SPG600 and SPG300 each provide four black-burst output channels which may be independently timed over the full NTSC or PAL color frame range. The black-burst output channels can be configured as a black-burst or a test signal output, providing outstanding flexibility to handle your production facility's needs. In analog-to-digital transition environments especially, the sync generator needs to provide a variety of sync outputs. The SPG600 and SPG300 are suitable for use as a master sync generator for small facilities or as a slave sync generator in larger environments. With Option 02 the SPG600 can provide four additional black-burst outputs, and with Option 01 the fine timing offset can be individually adjusted for each black-burst output in 0.1 ns increments, to support timing adjustments to analog systems.
The SPG600 and SPG300 also provide basic test signals for analog facilities. These test signal outputs can include ID text (up to 20 characters) or logo insertion. The ID text or logo may be positioned anywhere in the viewable area and, if desired, be made to blink.
Serial Digital Video Outputs
The SPG600 and SPG300 provide two independently timed SD SDI black outputs with full frame range for 525/60 or 625/50. The SD SDI black output channel can be configured to provide SD SDI black or SD SDI test signals, similar to the analog black-burst outputs. With Option 03 the SPG600 offers two additional SD SDI black outputs.
The SPG600 and SPG300 also provide fundamental test signals for digital broadcast environments, which are selected individually from the analog test signals. As with the analog outputs, up to 20 characters of ID text or your logo can be inserted into the signal, positioned anywhere in the image, and, if desired, set to blink.
There are 16 channels of embedded audio which can be active in the SD SDI outputs. Audio Click (1 s, 2 s, 3 s, and 4 s) is available for easy channel identification.
AES/EBU Digital Audio Outputs
The SPG600 provides four BNC connectors and two XLR connectors for AES/EBU Digital Audio. Frequency and level can be set on the eight AES/EBU unbalanced outputs, and each channel can have separate Audio Click channel identification. The two XLR balanced outputs can be set up to match the 1+2 and 3+4 BNC outputs. One-word clock output is available.
The SPG300 provides two XLR connectors for AES/EBU Digital Audio, and provides a one-word clock output.
Analog Audio Outputs
The default setting for the two XLR outputs is AES/EBU Digital Audio. For analog audio applications, these two XLR outputs can be configured as two analog audio outputs. Frequency, level, and audio identification can be set on each channel.
SNMP and Web Remote Control
The SPG600 and SPG300 both support SNMP, making it easy to integrate these generators into automated service and maintenance functions. The Java applet based remote control makes it easy to remotely control these generators, and the remote monitoring software gives you a view of SPG600 or SPG300 operation at a distance. The SPG600 and SPG300 also provide traditional GPI features for reporting alarms and recalling presets.